It seems that t-shirt bras are the average woman’s go-to when picking out an everyday bra for themselves. Although plunge bras are just as, if not more flattering, on a wider range of body shapes and sizes. Plunge bras give just as much lift and stability as a demi-cup or full coverage bra would, but are easier to wear with a wider range of outfits.
Plunge bras were originally designed in 1963 by Canadian designer Louise Poirier in order to give as much lift as a normal bra but without showing any fabric when wearing low neckline dresses. The average push-up bra gives lift by lifting inwards and upwards from the bottom of the cup, giving a much fuller look. While a plunge bra still has this effect, it draws the breasts together from the center of the bra.
A plunge bra’s main feature is its deep v-shaped neckline that is perfect for any low-cut top that doesn’t work with a normal everyday bra. They also accentuate your shape by having shallower cups. The biggest plus side of the plunge bra is that there are very few outfits that this bra shape does not work with. They also come in all sizes, making these the perfect everyday bra for all women.
differences between plunge bra and normal bra
1. The shoulder strap is set lower position with the cup, there are 60-70 degrees angles between the cup and the horizontal
2. Plunge bra has a smaller and lower center.
3. Most plunge bras are 3/4 cups.
Choose the Perfect Plunge Bra
There are many different options of plunge bras to choose from. You may be thinking to yourself ‘how do I choose the right plunge bra for me?’ luckily you have come to the right place.
- If you are looking for a deep v plunging bra that sits below your sternum, for those extra low shirts and dresses, then the ToBeInStyle women’s Deep Plunge V is a great choice. This bra has light padding but there is side boning and underwire that will keep it in place throughout the day. Sizes 30A-40D are available in this brand of plunge bra, along with 12 different styles.↓
- If you are looking for something a little more lacey and stylish, but will still hide away under a low-cut dress or shirt, check out the Natori Feather Contour Plunge bra. It comes in 28 colors, ranging from neutrals to brights. This bra is meant to give a lightweight feel as if you were wearing no bra at all. you can get this bra from sizes 30A – 38DD.↓
- If you are looking for something to showcase your cleavage a little more than the average bra tries out the Carnival Women’s Full Figure Deep Plunge bra. This bra offers great support and extra security with a low-cut top that highlights and lifts your cleavage. The Carnival bra comes in sizes from 34B – 40 DD.↓
Even though it may seem like there are never-ending choices when choosing plunge line bras, really it comes down to a couple of simple things. How deep do you need the cut to be? How much coverage do you want? Do you want your cleavage showcased? Just keep these four things in mind and you will be good to go.